With our Observation Deck admission fee, came free entry to "Winter Wonderland"... and all I can say is "only in Asia". It was a styrofoam display... in the middle of the scorching heat, with nothing cold about it... which in itself, I think, is hilarious!
This particular statue will constantly make me laugh... what is so funny about it???
We went to an animal enclosure which was pretty horrible really... there were some massive snakes, monkeys and birds, but they were kept in such small enclosures. We held this snake...
who enjoyed his moment of freedom a little too much as his tail started exploring up my shorts... though it looks like I enjoyed it too so I'm not sure what that's saying!
We spent the rest of the day lazing around in air conditioned comfort at the movies and shops or lazing in the park surrounding the Suria KLCC shopping centre... though "lazing" in the park was difficult with the constant security guards blowing their whistles each time someone dared to recline...At the airport in the departures lounge, we continued to experience Kuala Lumpur's love of big things...
And so we bid farewell to KL.
What's next? As far as travel is concerned - we're off to Sabah in Malaysian Borneo in August for a week of jungle and beach... but we'll have more adventures at home in Singapore to tell you about in the coming months!
No comments:
Post a Comment