Wednesday, 7 April 2010

Balloons and Blowdarts...

A few weeks ago I had to go into hospital for a surgery.  Thankfully everything went smoothly and I'm almost back to 100%... One of the unexpected perks was having my wonderful friends send flowers to brighten up my flat when I was stuck inside for a whole week (which is excruciating for anyone that has to rest and has no choice!)

V decided to snazz up the arrangement she sent me with helium balloons.  Fast forward 2.5 weeks and the balloons were amazingly still floating and I refused to get rid of them until they dropped!  As the balloons started deflating and becoming a bit lighter, they became more mobile and would move around our flat... surprising us showing up upstairs, behind us, in the kitchen etc.  One got a bit cheeky and decided to float right up to the ceiling near our chandelier... where the roof is two storeys high.  We were umming and ahhing about how to get it down, when Lehi had a brain wave - the Borneo blow-dart!  Surely it would only take one shot to burst the balloon and bring it back to earth!

Nope, 3 darts later, we had 3 darts stuck in the ceiling and the balloon was still up there...  4th dart lucky...

Yep... it hit the balloon.... and nope... went straight through it and into the ceiling affixing the balloon to the roof.  GREAT!
We then spent 15 minutes throwing the hacky sack at the ceiling to knock the darts out...

I don't think I've laughed so hard in ages... I just hope the landlord doesn't discover the tiny holes in the ceiling... though it'd be fun trying to explain how they got there!

4 comments:

  1. haha that is soooo funny! i would have laughed my head off too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!!!! What a fantastic post. I'm laughing just reading this. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. I was laughing and Dad asked me what about and I said you two and the fun and antics you get up to. I will share your blog with him when he gets up. Love to you both and it sounds like you are both well and happy. Love Mum XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was laughing my head off just reading about it! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete