Tuesday, 14 December 2010

2 years!

Yesterday, Lehi and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary.

We decided last year that we would follow the tradition of giving each other traditional anniversary gifts... last year it was paper - I made Lehi some 'gift vouchers' for various personal gifts and made us a book using Blurb of our first year of marriage and Lehi gave me a print.  We had dinner here at a restaurant called Graze in an old Black & White house in Rochester Park - we sat outside, ate good food and had dessert in an outdoor lounge where they project classic movies onto the screen - something Audrey Hepburn if memory serves!  It was romantic and felt like a great way to mark our 1 year anniversary.

This year, with all that is going on, I didn't think we'd really do much to celebrate.  Mum P was in town, it was a Monday night and we've got a lot on our minds... I thought if anything we'd maybe go for brunch somewhere on the weekend...  Lehi, however, had other plans! 

Cotton is the traditional second anniversary gift.  Cotton doesn't really make for overly romantic gifts... poor Lehi ended up with a 'dad' gift of socks and jocks, he was more creative and gave me a Cotton On gift voucher.  But, his most creative and clever 'cotton' gift was unveiled at dinner. 

I had no idea that we were even going to dinner, but Lehi booked us a table at Les Amis - a world renowned restaurant here in Singapore (one of just two in Singapore in the world's top 50).  We got dressed up - Lehi in his suit, me in a black dress that still fits over my bump, and set out to Les Amis. 
We ignored the prices and ordered a 5 course set menu... not including the amuse bouche and petit fours.  The service was impeccable and food was tasty.  Lehi had an amazing dessert called sunny side up which was amazing - the egg white had a hint of chili, the yolk was made of pineapple coulis, a dark chocolate spot and some coconut - impossible to desribe... but pretty funky molecular gastronomy was going on for a few of the dishes with foams, fizzes and unexpected combinations. 

But, the highlight came last!  I was VERY surprised though when after our first dessert, a second, customised dessert was delivered - COTTON CANDY!
How about that!? Clever, no?

Lehi, you always manage to surprise me. I love you to bits. And now I feel that I have to try to upstage you next year for leather... at least I have 12 months to think about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment