I can tell already that my blog posts are going to be few and far between this year! It's already May and I have hardly put anything up... Not for lack of things happening, but I didn't want to be a blogger that only posts baby photos and doesn't have anything else exciting to report...
During April, we spent 3 weeks back in Brisbane introducing Mason to family, going to a wedding of some great friends and catching up with everyone we could! I barely took any photos this visit, but we had so much fun! To be honest, it's been tough adjusting back to life in Singapore after such a nice trip home!
And while I don't only want to blog about Mason, the truth is, he has been the biggest thing in our world and his constant growth and learning is by far the most exciting thing going on for me! But, look at this face... how could I not want to share these pictures with the world?? We took these just last week as we bought Mason a Bumbo chair and he's getting the hang of sitting in it, and on his own!
Physically - he has changed so much since birth - his skin is lighter and hair has faired up quite a lot. I still think as a newborn he was my mini-Lehi and looked very Greek with his olive skin and dark hair, but now, especially when he's getting around without any clothes on, his my little Aussie blonde blue-eyed boy! He's continued growing like crazy - at our last check-up he was still sitting pretty firmly above the 90th percentile by weight and height.
In other ways, he's just amazing too - he's developing a really fun and sweet personality. He loves cuddles, playing with things, and talking! He has whole conversations with us, shouts and laughs. His smile just melts you. He is a really happy-go-lucky little dude and we couldn't be happier to hang out with him because he truly is delightful.
I started back at work 2 weeks ago... I eased myself back with 2 weeks 'half time' and now am back to regular pace. I wasn't sure how I'd feel - I'd thought I was in denial when I wasn't too upset. The day before coming back I admittedly shed a few tears, but apart from that, it's all been so good so far! Maybe it's a honeymoon period, but I hope that it continues. Lehi and Mason are doing fabulously together - and I'm watching how the experience of spending time together is changing their relationship! I am enjoying the social life of the office, as well as putting my head back into my job, and really treasure my family and leisure time that much more!
Life is so so good.


My he has changed dramatically! I can't believe how light his hair is! He is adorable. I'm glad to hear work is going well that can be so stressful on mum! I know Lehi is a great daddy and that must be special for him to have so much one on one time with the little guy. We miss you! Keep posting when you can. xoxo
ReplyDelete