So Lehi and I are off on our first overseas trip from Singapore! Don't get me wrong, we love Singapore and aren't itching to leave or anything, but part of the beauty of living in this great City-State is that most stops in Asia are only a few hours away!
Since we get the benefit of a holiday on Good Friday, we wanted to maximise on the long weekend so we booked a flight with Tiger Air to Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) (SGD380 return for both of us!) and arranged our visas (SGD70 each through an agent).
We have had some friends travelling through Vietnam recently so have been given lots of wisdom about things to do, things to be cautious of, and where to stay. I am hoping we don't regret our choice of guesthouse but I've been assured it's clean, friendly and well-located as a base for exploring Saigon (plus it's wonderfully cheap at just USD18 per night) !
I am most looking forward to seeing another Asian city and understanding from first-hand experience why Singapore is considered "Asia-lite". I think Lehi is most looking forward to shooting an AK-47 at the Cu Chi Tunnels.
"Tune in" after the Easter long weekend when we'll blog about our adventures!
No comments:
Post a Comment