Sunday, 23 January 2011

2 weeks with our little man!

I can't believe Mason is already more than 2 weeks old.  He sometimes seems so much older - he's strong, robust and very alert during his few awake hours each day.  Other times he reminds us he's a newborn - by squealing at us, getting overtired and wanting to be cuddled and fed constantly.  This week - his "billy" fell off revealing a cute little belly button, we had a couple of nights of sleeplessness, he's continued gaining weight at a rapid rate and he seems to be focussing a lot better (ie going cross-eyed a lot less!).

This is Mason with one of his "1 week old" cakes!
 
When he's grumpy and doesn't want to sleep and pulls faces like this...
we've discovered a secret weapon in the battle of wills between us and him...
He LOVES snuggling with Daddy in the Baby Bjorn!

To be honest, it's still surreal that he's a permanent presence in our lives now and not just here for a little while.  It's strange to think that he will be a toddler, child, teenager and adult in the future and will always be our son.

I am already completely overwhelmed at times by my feelings for our little man.  It's impossible to describe the love that I feel for Mason... and it's totally uncontrollable (which for a control freak like me is a very strange feeling indeed).  I find myself welling up when I think about him and how I feel for him.  Not with sadness.  Just completely overjoyed and overwhelmed.  Maybe that doesn't make sense... but it's how I feel as a mother of two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. He's so big and healthy! You guys are amazing parents! Hopefully you're recovery is going well! Love the post

    ReplyDelete