Sunday, 27 September 2009

Singapore GP - F1 Night Race!

On Saturday, Lehi and I went out to the Singapore Night Race to check out some fast cars and see what all the fuss was about!

We bought "walkabout" tickets which mean we didn't have a grandstand seat but got to wander around the track and sit up on scaffolding at various intervals to watch the cars go by. We geared up with our F1 Survival Kits - rain ponchos in case of typical tropical weather and fluoro orange ear plugs - HOT!
Neither of us are huge 'car' people but the sound and the atmosphere was pretty exciting! We checked out the food stalls and merchandise tents...
We then settled in and found ourselves a good spot trackside for the lead up races... we saw some mini-F1 cars...
some Porsches..
and as the sun went down and the crowd and excitement built, the time came to see the F1 cars (I got pretty excited as I have a soft spot for the Red Bull teams - must be an Aussie allegience with Mark Webber!)
I have never seen so many people snapping away trying to capture photos of the cars as they whizzed by... it seems everyone here is a professional photographer! (Needless to say, with the cars travelling as fast as they do, we ended up with lots of 'empty' frames!)

All up, it was a fun experience and something else we can cross of our list of things we've done during our Singapore stint!

2 comments:

  1. So fun! The passes you had to wear make it look so official. I'm glad you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did you think it was worth it? Jer wanted to go but it was a little difficult with the little one. . . so next year for sure. (I tried to console him that watching it on TV with the comfort of aircon and my fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies with milk was way better. . . he didn't buy it. Man is he hard to please :)

    ReplyDelete