So, if you're reading my blog, you already know that I LOVE food. I get so excited thinking about yummy food, trying new food and exploring new flavours and textures...Hong Kong did not disappoint in the food department - while I only had 2 days, and many meals were catered for in the office (urg - working breakfasts and lunches with the ho-hum dull boardroom food that goes with them).
We landed in Hong Kong around 2pm, spent an hour collecting luggage and making our way to our Hotel and were out eating by 3:30pm... we stopped at this busy little restaurant along the main road in Kowloon for goose, beef noodles, pork and veggies. I had never eaten goose before - it was even better than I thought - fatty, crunchy skin, salty... so delicious!
After spending some time "shopping" and wandering around Kowloon (I exercised much restraint and saved my spending money for... yep, you guessed it, more food), I headed across to Hong Kong Island to meet an old friend for dinner. When he said we were having crab at Causeway Bay, my heart sank... I mean, can you possibly get better crab than Singaporean Chilli Crab, Pepper Crab, Butter Crab... but, Hong Kong has its own way of doing crab... and it's equally delicious. I mean, you can't really go wrong if you coat food in copious amounts of fried garlic, shallot and chilli!
Also on the menu were pippies in a blackbean sauce and scallops served with vermicelli noodles and more chilli!
After our seafood dinner, we headed into Soho for dessert at Sift. Sift is a cute little dedicated dessert cafe with a Western style dessert menu. The choices all sounded so appealing, so we got a molten chocolate cake, marscapone cheese cake and sticky date pudding to share. All were amazing. The chefs at Sift sure know how to do dessert.
My friend V visited Hong Kong last year and I saw a photo of some beef noodles she had on that trip. I saw the beef noodles. I wanted the beef noodles. I would do anything in my power to have the beef noodles... We even tried to skip the office lunch to get the noodles, but alas, the kitchen did not open until 12:30 and we had to be back by then... which meant I had to eat some yummy, yet inferior noodles... thankfully, I managed to find an afternoon appetite so we could go back at eat them. The noodles lived up to the hype!
Finally, Hong Kong Egg Tarts. So much better than any egg tart I've ever had. Warm, runny, sweet, salty. Fantastic! And all for less than SG$1!
I thought about bringing home boxes of egg tarts and other goodies from Hong Kong, but wondered if they'd all taste as good out of context and after being chilled on a plane for four hours... I don't think they would, so instead, I recommend that you all to go to Hong Kong and experience the wonderful food there for yourself!







It all sounds fantastic! :)
ReplyDelete