Wednesday, 25 March 2009

A few randoms

So, I wanted to show you a little more of the Singapore shophouses... the other night on the way to dinner at Johnny and Maree's, we stopped to take a photo of some of the shophouses along Club Street. It's apparently a really popular spot with wedding parties and budding photographers for the winding street and gorgeous architecture.

Last Saturday night, we had a 'progressive dinner' with Clark and Jenna - we started out at the "Dumpling Nazi" on Neil Road... I'll have to get more photos next time we go there and post the whole background story, but for now, suffice to say, BEST DUMPLINGS going around. After dumplings, we were still hungry so we went to Jerry's for BBQ ribs... I've posted the photo that we took purely for Jerry's benefit (Lehi's brother).

After this, we went to buy a traditional Chinese shortbread for dessert, a coconut for Clark and Jenna to try, some gorgeous fruit (can't remember its name but its purple and tastes amazing!) and then ended up at McDonalds for sundaes and apple pies (seems weird I know, but long story short, Clark works for McDonalds and likes to eat there at least once a day... and I can never turn down a hot fudge sundae!)

We parted ways at the end of Smith Street - which is looking very different to when we first arrived and it was Chinese New Year when there were people shoulder to shoulder and stalls everywhere!
These last photos probably won't mean much - but I haven't laughed this hard in a really long time and wanted to preserve the moment.
We'd just had ANOTHER farewell celebration for Clark and Jenna at Katie and Brian's house at Newton. They live on the 7th Floor and we all decided to make an exit together and share cabs home (Sarah, Jeremy and "Roger" to the East Coast and Clark, Jenna, Lehi and I to Chinatown)... the lift did NOT want to take us all... it beeped and refused to close its doors... "Roger" got out and took the stairs without even thinking twice about it, but Clark kept stepping in and out and in and out (I'm sure he'd calculated we should've been well under the weight limit...) but every time he stepped in, Lehi would jump a little to put downward weight on the lift and the buzzer would go again... this happened about 20 times (I'm not exaggerating), so naturally we were all in hysterics! Particularly as Clark yelled at Lehi to stop and the joke continued!


Clark refused to take the stairs, and eventually Lehi let him get in...

See how impressed Clark looks? and how funny Jenna thought it was?

Fun times! We're gonna miss these crazy kids!

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard thinking about the elevator party! You forgot to mention that little Daisy was also in the lift. . . LOL! And is'Roger' his name because we don't know what it is? Too funny! You guys are great!

    ReplyDelete