Monday, 15 June 2009

Influenza H1N1

When Influenza H1N1 broke, Lehi and I thought the local reaction here was OTT.

People in facemasks, temperature stations at the airport, doctor, dentist and offices, visitor registration in case of an outbreak, gallons of hand santiser... We really could not believe how paranoid everyone seemed compared to us. In Singapore's defence, it has been stung before... remember SARS? Though, H1N1 didn't seem very serious - I mean, if Karmichael Hunt had it and could back up to play footy within a week, how bad can it be!?

Fast forward a few weeks and Australia has 1500 cases, Singapore 20. Hmmm... maybe we should be eating our words... but despite all this - this new advertisement that I saw on the train this weekend just cracks me up.

Enough said. Now go, wash your hands!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this ad on my way home last night. It is hilarious! Hope you are enjoying your cupcakes. :)

    ReplyDelete