Monday, 1 June 2009

Katie's stopover!

This weekend, we spent a little time hanging out with my friend, Katie. Katie and I met during my Mallies days and tripped around the NT together in September 2007. She has been in Asia for about 3 months now and stopped into Singapore for some 'first world' comforts!

We headed out to Little India for dinner on Friday night at Mustard on Racecourse Road. We figured after 3 months in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, some Indian cuisine would probably be a nice change from fried noodles! We ordered chicken masala, lamb gosht and some aloo gobi, as well as some naan and saffron rice and got stuck in. The food was FANTASTIC... as was the ambience... we'd definitely go back there again!
On Saturday morning, I took Katie to experience the shopping malls of Orchard Road... she enjoyed the contrasts between Wisma Atria, Takashimaya and Lucky Plaza... and when I left her, I got the feeling that she was going to be spending a bit more time (and money) along the Orchard Road strip!

Today, we lunched at La Pau Sat - Katie tried a traditional Singapore Laksa and I had an old favourite, Thunder Tea Rice... will post more on the Thunder Tea Rice experience another time!

It was great to see her and feel a little bit of "home" over here... she's off to Thailand next, before more adventures in Fiji, Japan and Europe... what a great way to spend 12 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment